Sunday, June 15, 2008

My Wedding Clergy Nightmare - My Wedding Officiator Wore What?


The Clergy Network Wedding Officiators - My Wedding Officiant Wore What !Yes, wedding clergy can be a force to reckon with when it comes to fashion. As a professional wedding officiator, here in Southern California, I suspect that I have seen my share of fashion tragedy. If picking a denominational clergy, a bride and groom may have to settle for traditional clerical garb on their wedding day. However, if as a bride and groom you have a choice as to what the wedding minister, marriage judge or wedding officator wears on the wedding day, take them up on their offer.

As a professional officiator, I offer my brides and grooms choice of my wedding day attire. While at larger wedding locations, where more than one ceremony was taking place, I have seen some awful clergy clothing. From the wrinkled burgundy robe, suntan panty hose, and white open toed sandals to the t'shirt and jeans and to the hawaiian style house dress. What about the wedding clergy that wears white? A white attired wedding clergy and a bride in white...... think on the blob of white created in the wedding pictures - unacceptable - the bride should stand out, not blend in with the wedding clergy! In short, none of the brides and grooms were expecting the attire their clergy wore on the wedding day. From colour clashes to the too casual, the average wedding clergy might need a little fashion help.

Finally, choose your wedding clergy wisely and insist on deciding, within reason, that officiant's wedding day attire. After all, each married couple will have to live with their wedding day pictures, and in them might be the sore reminder of the assumption that the wedding clergy would dress appropriately - dont' assume! Getting married in Southern California,contact http://www.theclergynetwork.com/

No comments: